Dwell Holiday Gift Guide: Tech
I have a deep seated love for my iPhone, my iPad, and my iPod. The items I chose for Dwell's Holiday Gift Guide represent some of my favorite finds this year. Most of the items on my list are gadgets (or gadget related), with a few exceptions. Regardless of the bucket in which they fall, I think you’ll agree that these products are impressively designed.
- A new app allows you to send mail from your iPhone.
If you are like us, you probably have a tendency to check email or Facebook on your iPhone before you settle in for the night. Also, your iPhone probably doubles as your alarm clock. This alarm dock is the ideal bedside companion piece. The dock is made of sustainably harvested new-growth beech wood and is a modern nod to those faux wood grain casings we remember all too well. Download the free Areaware AlarmDock Clock app on your iPhone (available on iTunes App Store). Early morning has never looked so bright!
- Father's Day is fast approaching, so we've got all of your bases covered with some great gift ideas.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- Six alltime favorite picks for portable stereo speakers, plus one new tabletop version from the American audiophiles at Klipsch.
- Apple's latest mobile operating system iOS 7 is set to launch in September. The redesign is radically different than what we're used to seeing on our iPhones and iPads today.
- The camera in a tablet or phone is powerful enough to render high-resolution images of interior space, and this app uses that capability to pick wall colors.