Yard Sale Photographs
Yard Sale Photographs, a new book of photography by Adam Bartos, revels in the everyday castoffs and outmoded bric-a-brac that lard the average American garage sale. With a cover that apes a second-hand book, replete with a $1 price sticker, Yard Sale Photographs' cock-eyed affection for the objects of our lives--tennis racquets, spare tires, a set of glasses, well-used toys--and the ritual selling of them, is manifest.
@current / @total
- One man's inspiration is another's inspiration?
- Here at Dwell, we love all things Airstream, that modernist silver bullet racing toward the freedom of the open road.
- When compiling the list of the 20 most popular modern homes featured throughout Dwell's 12-year history, certain themes began to surface: small space projects, renovations, unconventional living…
- Put down your Kindles, New Yorkers, and head straight to MoMA to buy some books. A giant half-off sale of some 1200 titles starts today.
- A New Zealand expat and her son use their prefabricated lakeside New Jersey retreat as an outdoorsy counterpoint to city life.
- What to do when a tightly cramped kitchen yearns for more space? Here, five great examples on how to win the storage battle with arguably the most trafficked room in the house.
- Known for its strength, durability, and diverse range of grains and colors, wood has been the undefeated provider of shelter and furnishing material for millennia.
- Critics call Paris a "living museum." If so, designer Erwan Bouroullec curates a must-see list from a compelling collection.