Wake up Your Walls: 10 Wall Decor Ideas
@current / @total
The Dropit hook is a wooden, drop-shaped hook with a strong visual expression and exquisite finish. Hang a single drop on the wall or create a pattern using several Dropit hooks.
- Little adds a bit of visual spice to the walls like a pop of color. Wallpaper is a fine bet, and the growing glut of the stuff should make it easy enough to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Got something to say? Spell it out: on the wall, on your books, on your backpack, wherever the heck you feel like. The lovely Lorena Siminovich creatied these adhesive decals out of fabric, and the reusable letters won't lose their stickum no matter how many times you peel and press.
- A month into the season and you're probably thinking to yourself, "How on earth do I get my love of baseball further into my decor? Should I frame and hang another Steve Garvey jersey?
Los Angeles-based design studio Poketo joined forces with Bobby Solomon of design and culture blog Kitsune Noir to curate and create Spacetime, a collection of wall art (and wallets and t-shirts) featuring some very cool work from some very cool artists. Each pack of decals contains four sheets—one each from Mike Perry, Damien Correll, Andy Miller, and Cody Hudson (pictured)—with stickers that can be peeled off and reapplied as many times as you like.
Also well-worth checking out the Desktop Wallpaper Project on Kitsune Noir to deck out your computer or iPhone with equally awesome illustrations.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- Professional designers at rates even those with a modest budget can afford—sounds too good to be true.
- Wallpaper often comes with negative connotations of frenetic patterns and faded fruit borders, but a new wave of wallpaper design offers modern alternatives to plain paint and plaster.