Venezuela's Eco Cabanas
- At the entrance of Habitare, Finland's largest furniture and interiors expo, designer Yrjö Kukkapuro has curated an exhibition of ecologically-minded chairs.
- The second in a series of themed exhibitions by the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum that demonstrate how design can address the world’s most critical issues, "Design with the Other…
- It’s quite a feat to transform the interior of a convention hall—vast and fluorescently lit—into a feel-good lounge-y space that truly brings the outside in.
- When they want to escape the mayhem of city life in Chicago, Diane Pascal and Thomas Richie retreat to their low-profile getaway in Hennepin, Illinois, a town where agriculture and ecology are still…
- Islands provide their inhabitants with a sense of peace, and their architects with a set of real challenges, from rough topography to sites reachable only by boat.
- One of our perennial favorite departments at Dwell is Off the Grid, our monthly section devoted to sustainable architecture, materials and techniques.
- The Blue Sky prototype home tiptoes gracefully across the desert landscape just north of Joshua Tree National Park.
- In a quiet corner of the famed Spanish party island, rug designer Nani Marquina and photographer Albert Font have carved out a serene, site-sensitive home.