USA Fellows Announced
The sculptor's first solo museum exhibition features baroque architectural forms made of cardboard, plywood, plaster, and resin. Al-Hadid's pieces are informed by an array of influences, including Arabic oral traditions, Gothic architecture, iconic western painting, Islamic ornamentation, and scientific advances in physics and astronomy.
- A building envelop is to a structure as our skin is to our bodies.
- From northeastern Italy to downtown Pittsburgh, a trendy neighborhood in Melbourne, Australia, to Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood, here are eight inventive, modern apartment buildings that fit in…
- Wrap up the week with our roundup of architecture, art, and design finds.
- In the past few decades, overdevelopment throughout New England has erased some of the region's most inspired Modernist homes.
- “Beyond the Supersquare,” a new exhibition at the Bronx Museum of the Arts, explores the influence of Latin American and Caribbean modern architecture on contemporary artists in those regions.
- As previously looked at in 5 Bold and Modern Glass Facades, Dwell takes another look at 8 contemporary structures that are recognized for their creative and daring use of combined materials and glass.
- An apartment overlooking the High Line in New York City captures views of a constantly changing urban landscape.