Typeface Designer We Love: Jordan Metcalf
@current / @total
- In our September 2013 issue, we asked some of our favorite online design writers to introduce their latest local discoveries.
- When Matthew Carter finished high school in England in the 1950s, he moved to the Netherlands for a year; he’s been working with typography ever since.
- One man's inspiration is another's inspiration?
- Cape Town, South Africa, will be the World Design Capital 2014, which is perfect timing, since the country's design scene is booming.
- Taking the reigns as 2014’s Design Capital of The Year, Cape Town is happening.
The very best of contemporary South African design will be shown at the eighth annual Design Indaba Expo, to be held at the Cape Town International Convention Centre from February 25th to 27th, 2011. With more than 270 confirmed exhibitors, Design Indaba ushers in a new decade of local design excellence. The only expo featuring soley South African artists, the Design Indaba Expo recognizes and celebrates local creative work from craft to product design, fashion, publishing, new media, ceramics, animation, architecture and more. Highlights include an arena with all-day fashion shows, a film festival and the Creative Agencies exhibit where advertising, animation and production studios will showcase their best work.
- When it comes to museums, we often hear about their blockbuster exhibitions, the thousands of people who crowd their galleries to see those exhibitions, or the latest architecture firm selected to…