Tumblr of the Week: Usrdck
+ Read Article
"Cool things around the globe. Every day. Always fresh."—that's the motto of Frankfurt, Germany–based photographer Maik Lipp's Tumblr. We like Lipp's mix of architecture, interiors, products, and more. A click through his blog won't disappoint. Here we share a handful of his expertly compiled design finds.
@current / @total
- Featuring "architecture and other stuff for the visually inclined," Remash puts forth a selection of photographs culled from blogs like ArchDaily, Designboom, Dezeen, and ArchitectureAU.
- The first installment in our Tumblr of the Week series focuses on the site Budapest Poster Gallery, a collection ranging from politically charged propaganda to movie promotions to advertising.
- Take a visual tour of Subtilitas, "a collection of images, moments, ideas, and spaces that inspire, inform, agitate, and influence a Los Angeles–based architectural designer."
- Superstudio collages, counterculture architecture at its finest, 1970s Hollywood sirens, Googie signage, and photographs from the likes of Wim Wenders and Lee Friedlander.
- In his eponymous Tumblr, Ryan Panos offers a cool selection of high-contrast black-and-white photographs that depict the abstract and geometric side of architecture.
- Every Friday Dwell's editors, designers, and interns share a handful of their favorite blogs, videos, photographs, and stories appearing on the web. What piqued our interest this week?
- If you've ever received a string of unnecessary emails, had a cup of coffee that's too hot, or wondered who designed the hot new issue of Spin, scroll through our Friday Finds.
- Magnet schools are nothing new to the arts and sciences, but Miami's DASH looks to give high schoolers a head start in design.