Tumblr of the Week: Budapest Poster Gallery
+ Read Article
The first installment in our Tumblr of the Week series focuses on the site Budapest Poster Gallery, a collection ranging from politically charged propaganda to movie promotions to advertising. We've collected a few of our favorite Eastern European adaptations of Western pop culture in the following slideshow.
Showing image @current of @total
- Superstudio collages, counterculture architecture at its finest, 1970s Hollywood sirens, Googie signage, and photographs from the likes of Wim Wenders and Lee Friedlander.
- Featuring "architecture and other stuff for the visually inclined," Remash puts forth a selection of photographs culled from blogs like ArchDaily, Designboom, Dezeen, and ArchitectureAU.
- "Cool things around the globe. Every day. Always fresh."—that's the motto of Frankfurt, Germany–based photographer Maik Lipp's Tumblr.
- In his eponymous Tumblr, Ryan Panos offers a cool selection of high-contrast black-and-white photographs that depict the abstract and geometric side of architecture.
- Take a visual tour of Subtilitas, "a collection of images, moments, ideas, and spaces that inspire, inform, agitate, and influence a Los Angeles–based architectural designer."
- You might consider New Jersey the Edsel of the mid-Atlantic, but illustrator Michael Mulvey is a proud son of the Garden State and he wants to do Jersey proud with this poster, t-shirts and set of…
- The editors share lots of visual inspiration this week, from contemporary Polish poster galleries to a 1970s video flashback courtesy of Sesame Street and Philip Glass.