Trend Report: Leather Trimmed Mirrors
Distressed leather frame lined with wood with a cast bronze hanging pull
- Welcome to my third and final installment of highlights from Maison & Objet 2011. You can find the first two here and here.
- The use of mirrors and mirrored surfaces to add dimension and create a visual illusion of space is a tried-and-true trick of the trade in interior design.
- Taking stock of the latest and greatest furniture and lighting seen at the 2014 Stockholm Furniture Fair, including the latest color- and material-driven interior trends.
- Dwell editors Sam Grawe and Jordan Kushins are on the ground in Milan reporting on the 2009 Salone del Mobile. They'll be sharing highlights as they go.
- NoHo is oh-so-hip, with lots of design happenings to check out this week. If you're in New York, a trip to Great Jones Street is a damn good bet.
- The 2011 Modernism Show, held in the cavernous Barker Hangar at Santa Monica Airport, brought both rarities and new interpretations within the category.