Trend Report: Bent Wood
The Amoco table from design firm reiss f.d. is an occasional table constructed of FSC-certified bent plywood.
Requiring just two screws, Perch is simple to mount. The bent-ply piece holds up to 50 pounds, but our 30-pound bike put the shelf under duress. It didn’t come crashing down, but we’d be nervous using it in a house with youngsters who love to climb things.
- Welcome to my third and final installment of highlights from Maison & Objet 2011. You can find the first two here and here.
- The recent fifth edition of Sofia Design Week in Bulgaria's capital city marked a milestone for this international festival devoted to design and visual culture from Eastern Europe and beyond.
- Southern African designers showcase their wares at Cape Town's annual Design Indaba Expo.
- Seattle did nothing to cast away its stereotype as the country's wettest city earlier this week.
- This weekend was a celebration of design in Montreal, Canada--particularly pieces created and manufacturer in the city--at the 22nd annual Montreal International Interior Design Show (SIDIM).
- After examining the wares of the younguns over at the Greenhouse, it was time to venture into the main portion of the Stockholm Furniture Fair.