Toronto Houses by Kevin Morris
Morris is currently working with fellow Toronto photographer Shane Fester on a new project called The Architecture of Empty debuting in May 2013, as part of Scotiabank's CONTACT Photography Festival in Toronto—the largest in the world.
Showing image @current of @total
- The city of Toronto has many facets—and as Canada's largest metropolitan area, it's got a concentration of modern residences that does the local architecture scene proud.
- Chicago bills a one-and-a-half-mile-long stretch of Cermak Road as "the greenest street in America," a surprising characterization considering it was once one of the grittiest industrial…
- Heath Ceramics presents Design in Time, a showcase of one-of-a-kind clocks made with eight various collaborators and friends of Heath including Jeff Canham, House Industries, Adam Silverman, Roger…
This Cocktail Set is the answer to easy and elegant holiday entertaining. Each piece is a beautiful object on its own; together, they make for a sophisticated display. Included is a Jose Reguiero square walnut tray, 4 Holmegaard water glasses, 4 glass Dharma straws and a cleaning brush, 4 Native Organics gauze napkins, 4 Sara Barner brown leather coasters, an Iacoli & McAllister hex bottle opener, Morris Kitchen Spiced Apple Syrup, and Morris Kitchen Ginger Syrup.
- Street furniture already catches the eye of denizens eyeing a resting spot, but in select cities it also has people marveling at their good looks.
- Follow the right folks on Instagram and you'll get a daily glimpse of buildings all over the world. Follow Melbourne-based architect Kevin Hui of 4site Architecture, and you'll get an education.
- One highlight of my recent visit to Los Angeles was a whirlwind tour of Silver Lake with the great architect Barbara Bestor, who has lived there since 1988.
- This spring, I had the chance to visit the tiny town of Borrego Springs in the middle of Anza-Borrego Desert State Park in San Diego County, California.