Top Ten Green Projects
Earlier this week, the American Institute of Architects’ Committee on the Environment announced the winners of their annual Top Ten Green Projects competition. The scoring system was based on a whole-systems approach that doesn’t just award projects for being topped with photovoltaic arrays but considers community and context as well as life cycle and potential repurposing plans.
@current / @total
- The work of the Madrid-based firm Luis Vidal + Architects, best known for its ambitious airport and train station designs, with be the subject of an exhibition coming to Washington, D.C., and New…
- This week, the American Institute of Architects' Committe on the Environment (COTE) announced its Top Ten Green Projects.
- Having explored issues of sustainability in the postmodern era, we turn to the measurable strides evident in today's best modern architecture.
- On February 13, 2014, the Royal Institute of British Architects inaugurated a new gallery in its central London headquarters with “The Brits Who Built the Modern World.” Drawing on a deep inventory…
- From a lakeside retreat in northwestern Michigan to a sustainably built home in northern California, here are 7 sleek and smart kitchen renovations.
- A striking set of designs for patient treatment centers showcases architecture’s power to heal.
- Whether it is floating on a river in Ontario or a short walk to the beach in California, these five homes embrace the life aquatic.
- In a Vermont forest, architecture students design and build a pavilion for quiet contemplation.