Ten Darling Apartment Building
When you live in an apartment, the surrounding city becomes an extension of your home. The nearby parks act as your backyard. The local coffee shop is your reading room. In South Yarra, a bustling neighborhood in Melbourne, Australia, the design-build-development firm Neometro erected the Ten Darling apartments with community in mind. The building, a Corbusier-inspired brutalist creation, situates residents within walking distance of the Toorak Road and Chapel Street restaurant and fashion strips—as well as several parks and the city's Royal Botanic Gardens—and is a stone's throw away from the railway and tram lines.
@current / @total
- An angled deck transforms a backyard in Menlo Park, California, into a welcoming gathering spot.
- For a renovation located in Glebe—an inner-city suburb of Sydney, Australia—Carterwilliamson Architects took an environmentally friendly tack.
- Dwell's April 2014 issue is now on newsstands—here's a sneak peek of the intelligent homes, outdoor products, and green building methods you'll see in its pages.
- A few months into living in a new apartment, it's become clear that I'm one lamp shy of a fully-lit living room.
- In Ørestad—Copenhagen’s tiny but buzzing new hub of urban development—a mountain rises from the flatlands.
- One of Portland, Oregon’s, up-and-coming neighborhoods can thank a modern reinterpretation of a previously decrepit building for inspiring a wave of rather chic downtown development.
- Space, light, and twists on color use define this collection of some of our favorite modern living rooms from issues past.
- The weeklong City Modern festival concluded with a bang over the weekend with the Manhattan Home Tours.