Ten Darling Apartment Building
When you live in an apartment, the surrounding city becomes an extension of your home. The nearby parks act as your backyard. The local coffee shop is your reading room. In South Yarra, a bustling neighborhood in Melbourne, Australia, the design-build-development firm Neometro erected the Ten Darling apartments with community in mind. The building, a Corbusier-inspired brutalist creation, situates residents within walking distance of the Toorak Road and Chapel Street restaurant and fashion strips—as well as several parks and the city's Royal Botanic Gardens—and is a stone's throw away from the railway and tram lines.
Showing image @current of @total
- For a renovation located in Glebe—an inner-city suburb of Sydney, Australia—Carterwilliamson Architects took an environmentally friendly tack.
- One of Portland, Oregon’s, up-and-coming neighborhoods can thank a modern reinterpretation of a previously decrepit building for inspiring a wave of rather chic downtown development.
- Space, light, and twists on color use define this collection of some of our favorite modern living rooms from issues past.
- The weeklong City Modern festival concluded with a bang over the weekend with the Manhattan Home Tours.
- In Ørestad—Copenhagen’s tiny but buzzing new hub of urban development—a mountain rises from the flatlands.
- Rich materials, comfy textiles, a splash of paint, or the deft use of light—we call out design gestures that do wonders to carve out a cozy home.
- The metal exteriors of these buildings range from lightly oxidized to coated in rich red layers of rust.
- High-rise superblocks and identical clusters of row houses set apart from the urban grid have been much maligned as some of the major wrongdoings of modernism, but Detroit's Lafayette Park—the…