This simply shaped maple veneer mobile makes like a modern flock taking flight above your baby's bed. It's just one of the many lovely things on display at Bookhou, a beautiful shop based in Toronto, which offers a selection of handmade, small-batch items from tea cozies and coasters to benches and chairs to paintings and sculpture.
- Abuzz with visitors discovering and testing out all manner of sustainable alfresco products, Dwell Outdoor drew a huge crowd all day Saturday, with many filing in and out of a brand-new modern…
- At Via Matteo Bandello 14, behind a nondescript façade, you’ll find one of Milan’s best curated design spaces, the always lovely Spazzio Rossana Orlandi.
- Coffee gets its percolator and tea has its kettle, but hot chocolate is most often relegated to a mug in the microwave. Why is this warm bev missing out on a maker all its own?
- In our latest Backstory series, Seattleite Lou Maxon recounts the thrills and trials of ditching the suburbs, buying property, and designing and building a modern house with Tom…
I deem having fresh basil on hand a necessity. Presented in a sustainable bamboo pot, this is one green gift that keeps on giving.
Cabinets and drawers can very quickly become cluttered piles of pots and pans, and finding the right one to use for dinner is like a precarious game of culinary Jenga. Enter this clever pot rack, a ceiling-and-wall-attached steel unit from Portland-based studio Merkled. The spindly wires are, in fact, super study pieces of salvaged steel from a local company, powder-coated and strong enough to handle your collection of Le Creuset.
- As Volvo crash-test engineer Laura Thackray knows, dummies—even virtual ones—can teach us a thing or two about safety.