Stanley Kubrick Retrospective at LACMA
@current / @total
- Newly released by Harper Collins, Designs on Film: A Century of Hollywod Art Direction is a compendium of images celebrating iconic interiors and architecture.
- The best way to gain perspective on the aesthetics of a given era is by examining the product designs of the time.
- A sneak preview of the modern house tours coming to Fire Island this summer, including the work of architects Horace Gifford, Harry Bates, and Andrew Geller.
This three-part series, inspired by the museum's exhibition Masters of Mid-Century Modernism—Evelyn and Jerome Ackerman, will present three films that encapsulate the era of 1950s and '60s entertaining, design, and archetypal characters. The films screened will be Pillow Talk (1959), Our Man Flint (1966), and The Party (1968). Arrive at 6pm for a film-inspired cocktail, craft and exhibition viewing.
- French luxury furniture retailer Roche Bobois turned 50 this year, celebrating this milestone with a retrospective at their Madison Avenue showroom.
- Join us this weekend at Dwell on Design, where we'll be getting the scoop on information design and book jacket design courtesy of two TASCHEN art directors, Andy Disl and Josh Baker.
- Londoner Dave Clayden has gradually adjusted to life in the subtropics, where, as he puts it, “toweling yourself down after a shower is enough to make you start sweating again.” He no longer mistakes…
- How does one hide clutter in a bathroom without going full-on minimalist? Let these ten homes guide your way.