Soundsystem Built to Look Like a Cubist Minaret
- Every year, thousands flock to major architectural landmarks around the world in appreciation of human engineering. We cross deserts to glimpse the pyramids.
- Something about the outline of a city against its clear, crisp sky stops us in our tracks and commands our attention.
- A couple's investment of sweat equity pays dividends in a mountainside house in southwestern Colorado
- A Southern California architect approaches his family home as an experiment in sustainable design.
- Long before smoke-spouting power plants were relegated to the remote outskirts of the industrial city, large-scale energy generators were common sights in urban landscapes.
- Dubai, that instant city of over-wrought architecture and slave-like laborers, is apparently on the verge of a sewage catastrophe.
- From Renzo Piano's Le Meridien Lingotto in Turin, Italy to Frank Lloyd Wright's Price Tower in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, check out these nine most amazing hotel designs from around the world.
- In his eponymous Tumblr, Ryan Panos offers a cool selection of high-contrast black-and-white photographs that depict the abstract and geometric side of architecture.