Soak up the Sun: 4 Amazing Atriums
- Create outdoor-like spaces—functional all year round and even in chilly climates—with the help of the mighty atrium, a transparent extension of the home.
- Although postwar California modernism is generally associated with Southern California, the Bay Area’s own tradition has begun in recent years to be more widely acknowledged, and its surviving…
- By creatively manipulating the angles and levels of exterior surfaces on this modest Polish country house, architect Peter Kuczia achieved exceptionally high solar exposure, increasing its capacity…
- What do an Eichler in San Rafael, a prefab in Emeryville, and a house/gallery in Antwerp have in common? They feature interiors outfitted with mid-century furniture.
- Off the coast of British Columbia—on a site accessible only by boat—a family of Vancouver urbanites commissioned a sustainable cabin for weekend getaways that feels a world away.
- From a dazzling multi-windowed home in sunny Venice to a renovated Victorian in Oakland, we highlight five more of our favorite abodes from the west coast.
- From a rustic, 19th-century trough clad in stainless steel to a couple’s Zen bath fronted by smooth pebbles, here are 6 modern soaking tubs designed to inspire you to find creative ways to pamper…
- For centuries, the Japanese have enjoyed a relaxing ritual of steaming in neck-high water at the end of each day.