Six Stairs to Savor
When getting from here to there, the journey is just as important as the destination. We hope that's true for interior spaces as well as lifechanging travel experiences, and with that in mind, we've combed the Dwell archives for a few especially stunning stairwells. See part 1 in beautiful modern staircases here and the most popular stairway designs from our archives here.
@current / @total
- In her book Parisian Views, critic Shelley Rice hauntingly evokes the dislocating effects that the near-complete reconstruction of Paris in the 19th century had on its population.
- Somewhere between the Villa Savoye and shag-carpeted condos in Mammoth, the spiral staircase lost its way.
- Seven staircases that take their respective interiors to the next level.
- Sagging stairs and sad stoops will soon be a thing of the past, thanks to the following inspirational ideas from clever architects and homeowners.
- Pieter Weijnen’s brand of maritime modernism brings a touch of magic to Amsterdam’s Steigereiland, where the architect built his family’s home.
- From floating staircases to unique walkways, these homes know how to keep you on your toes.
- When space is an issue building up is a solution few designers dare to do. Here are 7 homes that successfully solve spatial challenges of city living by expanding upwards.
- Calling all residents of Edwardians, ranch houses, and those challenging Victorians: If your heart beats for modern, don't miss these inspiring examples of seamlessly integrated modern updates to an…