Santa Monica Public Parking Structure by Brooks + Scarpa
- Last week I was in Park City, Utah, home of the Kimball Art Center. Founded in 1976, and housed in what was once the Kimball Bros.
- Like cloud formations, Frank Gehry's buildings of the past years makes one imagine forms: perhaps a ship's bow, a ray of light, a Hershey's Kiss, an armadillo eating a Hershey's Kiss.
- Looks like Santa Monica Place (originally designed by Frank Gehry) will be getting a face-lift that will make it less about the building and more about the outdoors.
- Some of my earliest memories are of playgrounds: launching myself into a pit of plastic balls outside a fast-food restaurant in New York and whizzing down (and scratching my arm) on the horrifying…
- We got a sneak peek of the new PBS documentary '10 Buildings That Changed America', which premiered on Sunday, May 12, 2013 at 10:00 p.m. ET.
- In addition to my tour of the Freitag factory in Zurich, a huge high point of my recent trip to Switzerland involved hopping over the border from Basel to 1 Charles-Eames-Strasse in Weil am Rhein,…
- For the next in our unconventional-campus-spaces series, I could not neglect one of Boston's most controversial works, Frank Gehry's Stata Center.
- They say the family that designs together stays together. OK, nobody says that, but there may be something to it.