Ron Arad: No Discipline Preview
Israeli-born British designer and architect Ron Arad has made a name for himself pushing the boundaries of forms and materials, so it comes at no surprise that the installation devised for Arad’s upcoming retrospective at the Museum of Modern Art in New York is a shape-shifting work of its own.
@current / @total
This exhibition will be the first major retrospective of Israeli designer and architect Ron Arad's work in the United States, and will feature a collection of objects and furniture pieces created over the past twenty-five years.
- The American painter Alex Katz is one of my favorites.
- This week, Snøhetta principals Craig Dykers and Kjetil Thorsen visited the City by the Bay to hint at what's in store for the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art expansion.
- An exhibition coming to coastal Massachusetts in March explores California's evolution as an incubator of progressive midcentury design.
- This weekend marks the final days of the Museum of Modern Art's homage to the Bauhaus, the early-20th-century German school and movement that fostered and supported early modernism leaders like…
- When it comes to bedroom design, there is a healthy debate among designers and architects: Some say never go white (too antiseptic); some say never go dark (too gloomy).
- This weekend, check out the work of Dwell contributors and featured architects in exhibits around the world as well as new work by the Museum of Modern Art's architects-in-residence.
- It’s been the talk of L.A.