Rock the Shack: Cabin Love
+ Read Article
Sometimes the only thing getting us through the day is the dream of an escape—from work, from the city, from our day-to-day. Whether it's snow-filled windows and hot chocolate tickling your fancy or flip flops and a couple cold ones you crave, we’ll get your daydreaming started with 15 images of pure relaxation from the newly released Rock the Shack. The cottages, tree houses, cabins, and shelters featured in the hefty tome will take your dreams and turn them up to 11. Featuring standout projects from architects across the world, click through for a slideshow to quell your vacation thirst. Click here to find out more information on Rock the Shack. And if our preview doesn't fill your cabin-lusting quota, the old standby Cabin Porn is still churning out new lustful abodes daily.
Showing image @current of @total
- Among the most tried-and-true building types is the A-frame house, which, as evidenced by the following homes from our pages, can be very modern indeed.
- With its mild climate, endless surf, and amazing views of the Andes, Chile is an ideal destination for nature lovers.
- From kitchen gadgets of the future to a Parisian flat that blurs indoor and outdoor space to a spacious ranch house kitchen renovation, here's what you may have missed on Dwell.com this week.
- Taschen’s forthcoming Wood Architecture Now! Volume 2 is a compilation of pioneering works built from man’s inaugural construction material.
- In the 1950s, Canada’s Department of Transport commissioned a modernist makeover for a tiny international air hub in Newfoundland, a design that has proven as timeless as it was trendsetting.
- You still can’t have your modern art and eat it too, but at least you can make it into dessert with Modern Art Desserts by Caitlin Freeman of Blue Bottle Coffee Company.
- From Breuer's dorm furniture to a forgotten mid-century airport in Newfoundland, we draw from the Dwell archives of oldie but goodie design content.
- One of the most exciting companies to enter the domestic sphere in the last five years is Airbnb.