Prefab Perfection: 5 Great Homes from California to Finland
- From locations like a microcourtyard in Virginia to a prefab glass-shelled retreat in summery Finland, these ten outdoor gardens will make you green with envy.
- From a sleek Eichler-inspired prefab in Emeryville to a barnhouse-turned family home in Oakland, we highlight five more of our favorite abodes from the west coast.
- A cool breeze coming off the water is the best escape from a mid-summer heatwave. These five lakeside homes combine modern design with fresh locations to serve as the perfect summer retreats.
- Something about the outline of a city against its clear, crisp sky stops us in our tracks and commands our attention.
- From a wooden angled open space to a Parisian art director's room with an island, here is a cool quintet of kitchens we wouldn't mind cooking in.
- A prefabricated shed sited on a Finnish island provides a perfect summer getaway.
- From the first LEED Gold-certified home in San Diego to a light-reflecting Berkeley prefab, we highlight five of our favorite abodes from the west coast.
- We've corralled a collection of prefab homes located on precarious hillsides, atop mountains, in remote deserts, and next to pristine lakes to show the building method's versatility.