Photographer Focus: Chloe Aftel
The two models, each one for an hour, are also there to help people understand how to talk to models and direct them in order to get the emotion you want out the image. "You want your subjects to trust you, but you don't want a flaccid image, so you have to figure out how to interact with the talent to get what you want. And more over, you have to have an idea of what that is."
@current / @total
- You heard us right: this week we're bringing you 31 of the best of Friday Finds, our editors' design, architecture, photography, and video discoveries that we've been collecting in a column for over…
- Empty sporting courts and fields have never looked so beautiful. Photographer Ward Roberts travelled the globe to shoot this pastel-hued series Courts.
- Rebecca Daniels is an architectural photographer based in San Francisco, mainly commissioned by local architects to shoot their latest project.
- Retro photography reigns supreme in this installment of Friday Finds, from Jamie Livingston's autobiographical Polaroid series, to a time-lapse-video of the Earth from space, to a Tumblr that…
- New Zealand photographer Simon Devitt has been capturing homes and homeowners in for close to fifteen years.
- A tongue-in-cheek design guide, the world's first biodegradable water filter, a concrete camera DIY tutorial, Instagrams of North Korea, and more. Welcome to this week's Friday Finds! Happy Friday!
- In 1939, Frank Lloyd Wright hired 22-year-old Pedro Guerrero to be Taliesin West’s resident photographer, the start of a collaborative bond that would last until Wright’s death in 1959.
- Join Instagram launching co-founders Mike Krieger and Kevin Systrom for a #Nofilter conversation this Thursday at the Castro Theatre in San Francisco, California. What to expect?