- Furniture design can be one of the most rewarding, albeit, deceiving parts of the interior design process. It's not as easy as one might think.
- In our latest Backstory series, Seattleite Lou Maxon recounts the thrills and trials of ditching the suburbs, buying property, and designing and building a modern house with Tom…
- It's something every designer, design writer, and design collector wonders constantly: Will this piece of furniture I made/ hailed in print/ bought still be in vogue in ten (or fifty) years' time?
In a choice of bright colors - blue, pink, or white - this blown glass and aluminum LED lamp comes in three sizes.
The Northern Light Fair is held every year in conjunction with the Stockholm Furniture Fair. This year approximately 100 exhibitors demonstrating the latest in home lighting, LEDs, halogen lamps, fiber lights and glittering chandeliers came together to reach the 40,000 visitors who turned out to attend both fairs. The emphasis here was on Scandinavian design. While much of the lighting on display came from Sweden, the other Nordic countries of Finland, Denmark and Norway were also well represented, with some exhibitors coming from as far as Italy. Of the many new lamps premiering at the fair, these were our favorites.
This thin stick of a table lamp, standing trim on its fiberglass base, comes in four colors for every fashionista—and its innovative, reflective light "diffuser" spreads a warm glow throughout the room. A supermodel for future lamp design.
- The first comprehensive survey of Andy Warhol's oeuvre, this extensive homage to Warhol spans his early days as an illustrator to some of his best-known works like Marilyn and Mao.
- In our New York issue, on newsstands now, we take a look at all five boroughs of America's biggest, most vital city.