Palm Springs Modernism Week: The Cocktail Hour with Dwell
@current / @total
- A mid-century oasis in the desert, The Fontenell, was built in the late '50s for the family of makeup and cosmetics icon Max Factor.
- After visiting The Saguaro in Palm Springs during Modernism Week, we found ourselves hooked on the Stamberg Aferiat + Associates renovated hotel and wanted to see more from the duo behind it.
- From prefab to site-built, and off the grid to plugged in, to follow are some of our favorite desert houses from the pages of Dwell.
- Palm Springs is one of our perennial favorite destinations for design; the region is positively riddled with midcentury modern architecture and vintage shops, and the natural landscape is…
- In our February 2013 issue, we looked back at the mid-century majesty of Palm Springs, California.
- Last week I was in Borrego Springs, California, a tiny town in the middle of the Anza Borrego desert in San Diego County.
- We were recently in Palm Springs soaking up the sun and the majesty of the town's mid-century design.
Palm Springs Modernism Week is an 11-day celebration of mid-century modern design, architecture, and culture in Palm Springs, California. This design aesthetic originated in the 1940s, 50s, and 60s, and was typified by clean, simple lines which came to define desert modernism.
Modernism Week is filled with a variety of events including architectural tours, films, lectures, an architectural symposium, educational events, and chic, fun parties in cool mid-century modern homes and boutique hotels. Visit the event site for more detailed listings.