- A pitched roof doesn’t necessarily mean a home is stuck in the dark ages of the American architectural vernacular.
- It's been a while since I've seen a project as desirable and jealousy-making as this one (and working at Dwell, that means a lot...!).
- Inspired by architect Lucy Marston's edited farmhouse in the English countryside (featured in our March 2014 issue), we've rounded up a few more modern farmhouse renovations.
- Today we venture out to the American, Canadian and English countryside to view inventive, modern takes on a venerable architectural archetype: the farmhouse.
- From the Atlantic Coast to the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Carolinas are known for their unique subset of Southern culture.
- Two years ago architect Chad Everhart came across an old farmhouse near Boone, North Carolina.
- Nobody ever said farming was easy, but the rewards of a homegrown harvest are great.
- Wide-open spaces, welcoming attitudes, and a healthy respect for modernism: the American Midwest has much to offer. Here are 12 modern houses from the Heartland.