Open Kitchen Shelving Ideas That Work
+ Read Article
When done right, open kitchen shelving is a storage approach that's both visually attractive and highly functional—favorite pieces and tools are elevated to display status, and everything is within easy reach. When done wrong, an open storage plan can quickly make for a cluttered mess. The trick is all in the clever use of space. Here, six kitchens with open shelving solutions that work.
@current / @total
- A collection of some of our favorite kitchen renovations from our archives.
- With a presence in three centuries, Christi Azevedo’s Victorian survived the quake of 1906 and served as a laundry before its rebirth as a well-lit hybrid of old and new.
- Kitchens are the heart of the home and no one likes a cold barren heart or kitchen—especially as the air gets chilly and thoughts of family holidays approach.
- In Los Angeles, California, a family of four inhabits a polychrome fantasia in the heart of Chinatown.
- What to do when a tightly cramped kitchen yearns for more space? Here, five great examples on how to win the storage battle with arguably the most trafficked room in the house.
- Brotherly love takes many forms; in the case of Rob and Eric Brill, it’s a shared passion for modernism.
- To convert a musty mid-century house with a nonsensical floor plan into a modern and space-efficient family home, three intrepid designers played a bit of architectural Tetris.