Number Five: A Co-Working Space in Venice Beach
- Often, the interiors of houses in Venice, California, are as free-spirited as the exteriors. Here are 7 from our archives that will remind you to embrace your inner bohemian.
- San Francisco–based co-working outfit Makeshift Society has its sights set on a Brooklyn outpost.
- Throughout his decades-long career, Australian industrial designer Marc Newson has produced prolifically.
Modern design retailer Zinc Details and co-working community Makeshift Society are pleased to present an exploration of entrepreneurship and creativity featuring a chat with celebrated designer Eric Pfeiffer, founder of Pfeiffer Lab, and Rena Tom, founder of Makeshift Society. The event will take place on Thursday, October 3, at the Zinc Details showroom from 6 to 8 pm. The program will entail a lively conversation with Eric and Rena about the advantages and challenges of running a small business from the perspective of two of the Bay Area's most respected practitioners and strategists. Their talk will be followed by a Q&A session.
- Dave Brown founded Holiday Matinee after agreeing to be the publicist for his friends in Jimmy Eat World--without even known what a publicist did.
- While visiting and writing about small homes for our June 2009 “Think Smaller” issue, it quickly became clear that when space is sparse, the best way to get the most bang for your buck is…
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- Here in New York, spring has sprung at last, so there couldn’t be a more appropriate time to celebrate accomplishments in landscape architecture.