North by Northwest: 5 Sites We Love
- If you enjoyed our popular post, 12 Beautiful Bedrooms, don't miss this collection of some of the prettiest places to rest your head, as discovered by the Dwell team on our Pinterest board: Bedrooms.
- Seven landscape architects across the United States explain how they mastermind inspired designs showcasing the best of their regions.
- On the sandy shores of Fauntleroy Cove in Seattle, renowned firm Olson Kundig Architects crafts a subtle home with striking steel accents.
- Helming a classic, well-established company in the 21st century is tough enough work as it is without also having to deal with an intrinsic indebtedness to DNA.
- What’s the secret to successfully wedging a kitchen into a 258-square-foot apartment? A visual balancing act.
Assistant Photo Editor Alexis Tjian: At work I am constantly in front of my computer, doing photo research and working on stories. I've definitely scrolled through my fair share of blogs and drooled over the swag so wonderfully flashed in front of me! I recently bought my first house, so I am always on the lookout for the new, fun, cool item to enhance the space that I call home, and well... here is my list of the things I covet most and would be thrilled to receive as a gift this holiday season. I hope you enjoy my picks, happy shopping!
- Blair Kamin is a Pulitzer Prize–winning architecture critic from a town blessed with some of the best buildings in the world.
- D.L. Byron is the principal of Textura Design, Inc., a Seattle firm that specializes in business blogging, and the publisher of Bike Hugger, a blog about bike culture.