The Nightstand, Reinvented
An exhibition in New York last month, organized by PIN-UP Magazine and held at Phillips de Pury & Company, explored the nightstand, that humble catch-all by the side of your bed. PIN-UP invited eleven American artists, architects, and designers to rethink and reinvent the nightstand, and the results were displayed for ten days and then sold off. It's over now, but I thought I'd share the inventive results in a slideshow. You can also check out a short video about the project here.
@current / @total
- I recently discovered the work of Chadhaus, a four-year-old Seattle-based company that builds beautiful modern furniture from hardwoods and recycled steel sourced mostly in the Pacific Northwest.
- From the first copper frog cast in Mesopotamia, molding and casting has progressed a long way in the realm of architecture and design since 3200 BC.
- Be it a perch for an alarm clock, reading lamp, or glass of water, the nightstand is a furniture staple in the bedroom. Here we show seven options.
- If you enjoyed our popular post, 12 Beautiful Bedrooms, don't miss this collection of some of the prettiest places to rest your head, as discovered by the Dwell team on our Pinterest board: Bedrooms.
- From the living room to bedrooms, rugs can be a great addition to any space! Take a look at these 10 interiors who touched up their space with a fine plot of fabric.
- On Dwell's Facebook page we recently posed the question of "Is your kitchen style more charmingly colorful or rustic modern?" and your answers were overwhelmingly on the side of rustic modern.
- Earlier this month, the Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum unveiled its fourth exhibition in its National Design Triennial series: Why Design Now?.
- Mill Valley, California, might not be a hotbed of modernism, but it was here, ten years ago, that Dwell came into the world alongside founder Lara Hedberg Deam’s first home—now renovated…