New Products From Aldo Bakker
@current / @total
- Familiar objects take surprising new forms in the hands of experimental designer Aldo Bakker.
- Famed Danish silversmith Georg Jensen has debuted two new collections from designers Louise Campbell and Aldo Bakker to coincide with the 53rd Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan.
- Gijs Bakker needs little in the way of introduction—the Dutch furniture and jewelry designer founded the wildly influential collective Droog.
It's a fixture that's more A.I. than Archnophobia. Large shadows cast by the Spider's colored bulb and stainless steel "legs" are dramatic but—fear not—quite harmless.
Washing up is rarely as enjoyable as the eating that precedes it, which makes us appreciate simple cleaning tools that somehow manage to bring a little levity to the sudsy process. Dutch industrial designer Gijs Bakker made the Dishmop for Droog (the company he co-founded in 1993), and using it is not unlike taking tongs the serving dish to sneak the last meatball. Simply grasp the round sponge between the ends of the steel utensil, secure, and start scrubbing.
- From a witty golden keychain to a sleek, reimagined classic steel coffee pot, prepare to get distracted by these eight seriously shiny products.
- Following our guide to the 2014 Salone Internazionale del Mobile, here are our picks for what to see in town during Milan's Design Week.
- We roamed Milan's galleries and the Salone del Mobile show floors (check out our recap here) hunting down the best new design pieces. Here, we turn our eye to innovative materials.