New Exhibition: The Brits Who Built the Modern World
@current / @total
- All it took was a new copper-clad addition, the installation of a geo-thermal heating and cooling system, and some LED lighting to transform an elegant yet out-of-date 19th century building in…
- A striking set of designs for patient treatment centers showcases architecture’s power to heal.
- British architects Foster + Partners have revealed their "expansive" new design for the Yale School of Management in New Haven, Connecticut.
- The architecture of Richard Rogers weds the best of high-tech design with the outer limits of the architect’s imagination, creating soaring, sustainable spaces that enrich everyday urban life.
- While visiting and writing about small homes for our June 2009 “Think Smaller” issue, it quickly became clear that when space is sparse, the best way to get the most bang for your buck is…
This is a retrospective of the work of Pritzker Prize–winning architect Norman Foster and his architectural firm, Foster + Partners. The exhibition is scheduled to coincide with the grand opening of the new Foster–designed Winspear Opera House in the Dallas Center for Performing Arts, and will feature drawings, renderings, photographs, models and videos of work from the past four decades.
- A building envelop is to a structure as our skin is to our bodies.
- The only structure that famed architect Le Corbusier ever designed for himself has been reconstructed inside the Royal Institute of British Architects in the UK for the exhibition "Le…