- Working creatively to meet strict preservation codes, architect Roberto de Leon affixes a modern annex onto a historic Louisville house.
- Black is the color (or absence of color, rather) of choice for these twelve homes from San Francisco to Berlin to Tokyo and beyond.
- San Francisco residents Lisa Koshkarian and Tom DiFrancesco worked with architect Neal Schwartz to create an airy third-floor addition to hold their master bedroom.
- Tom Hanks is not known for horror films, but his 1986 flop, The Money Pit, has a terrifying premise: A seemingly small renovation consumes a couple’s life, devouring their reserves of time,…
- These five modern house additions not only add necessary square footage, but bring their previously existing structures thoroughly up to date.
- Growing families can quickly outgrow the homes purchased when the couple was just a twosome.
- Architect Piers Taylor's renovation of an old gameskeeper's cottage, complete with a castellated roof and sweeping meadow below, is an exercise in dramatic modernization, one that takes advantage of…
- After visiting The Saguaro in Palm Springs during Modernism Week, we found ourselves hooked on the Stamberg Aferiat + Associates renovated hotel and wanted to see more from the duo behind it.