A Mondrian-Inspired NYC Apartment
- Today, in honor of the 12th anniversary of the attacks of 9/11 we take pause and give a special salute to some of our favorite coverage of NYC over the years—knowing the skyline will never be the…
- Federico Babina's Archist City imagines what artist's own houses might look like—and while the resulting architecture is only imaginary, we've rounded up a few Dwell homes that fit the bill.
- Stripping design to pure minimalism can mean exposing the elementary levels of color.
- Last week painter and illustrator Maira Kalman was in San Francisco to kick off the Contemporary Jewish Museum's run of her new show Maira Kalman: Various Illuminations (Of a Crazy World).
- In the lofty Amsterdam apartment of Texas-born Hunter Hindman and Shelby Carr, mid-century modern mixes freely with contemporary Dutch design in a setting transposed from the 17th century.
- Whether industrial, romantic, or classic, brick interiors are always modern.
- An exhibition in New York last month, organized by PIN-UP Magazine and held at Phillips de Pury & Company, explored the nightstand, that humble catch-all by the side of your bed.
- Dutch designer Piet Boon's first major multi-residential project in the US arrives at 404 Park Avenue South, and Dwell has an exclusive sneak peek.