MoMA Design Store Windows: littleBits by Ayah Bdeir
“Electronics are beautiful,” says engineer and artist Ayah Bdeir. Through May 12, the windows of the MoMA Design Stores in New York City will feature hypnotic, delightful kinetic sculptures crafted with Ms. Bdeir’s littleBits—tiny circuit boards that snap together with magnets to inspire invention and problem-solving.
@current / @total
- At a forum on MoMa's controversial expansion plan, its director, Glenn D.
- LG Electronics partners with designer Nate Berkus to enhance its premium Studio line of kitchen appliances.
- With the Stockholm Furniture Fair and Design Week on, we caught up with one part-time resident of the Swedish capital whose designs seem to be popping up everywhere at once.
- Fed up with men's fashion, Rachel Wythe-Moran and Simon Watkins of East London's Labour and Wait cooked up a plan to align their creative instincts and passion for practical design.
- Dwell on Design speaker Dan Formosa is accustomed to swimming against the current.
- Last week the Architectural League of New York announced the winners of its annual Emerging Voices program.
- Tonight, celebrate Earth Day with a discussion of water management at the Museum of the City of New York and catch Quicktake and Contemplating the Void before they close at the Cooper-Hewitt,…
Desktop speakers aren't known for their high aesthetic factor; luckily, designers like music, too, and are working to jazz up the littles boxes of sound.