Modern Vintage: 2241 House
Tres Birds Workshop design principal Mike Moore likes making people think. For the renovation of an over 80-year-old home in Boulder, Colorado, where his firm is located, he mixed modern and vintage, indoors and out, to keep the residents, and their guests, on their toes.
Showing image @current of @total
- Amidst the epic national parks and famous ski-resorts, modern architecture abounds in the Centennial state.
- Sacramento architectural designer Curtis Popp bought and renovated, in three months, a five-bedroom, three-bath, 2,900-square-foot house that had, over the years, succumbed to a growing architectural…
- One of our perennial favorite departments at Dwell is Off the Grid, our monthly section devoted to sustainable architecture, materials and techniques.
- Amid its brick-clad row houses, London boasts some seriously modern architecture. Here are seven examples from the pages of Dwell.
- Squeezed into a 14-foot-wide lot along a Toronto street originally developed for worker housing in the 1880s is fingerprint technician and musician Patrick Flynn’s 566-square-foot house by…
- Did you know that red was the first color after black and white to be named?
- It's rare that in a resident-architect collaboration, the resident picks the more dramatic design scheme than the architect.
- Clinging to their precarious sloping lots, these houses rise to challenging building sites.