Modern Design Across Hawaii
- You may not be able to get away from your desk today, but you can take a short visual vacation courtesy of these eight scenes from the Dwell archives.
- Today, if you tallied the world’s design capitals, you’d be forgiven for overlooking Honolulu.
- We're hitting the road and touring the best architecture and design in the U S of A.
- Islands provide their inhabitants with a sense of peace, and their architects with a set of real challenges, from rough topography to sites reachable only by boat.
- In early April I was invited out to Honolulu to give a talk at the Hawaii Build and Buy Green Expo, an offer I could hardly refuse.
- It’s readily available, affordable, fairly sustainable, and hardy—what’s not to love about pine?
- As Previously looked at in 5 Cool Modern Courtyards, Dwell takes another glance at 5 modern homes with outstanding elevated terraces.
- Part 2 of our journey to cool houses on the islands of the world takes us to places both expected (Hawaii) and unexpected (a tiny, sunny island off Southern California; a snowy one off the coast of…