Modern in the City of Roses
- When creative director Ben Watson and his partner, painter Claudio Tschopp, relocated from Basel, Switzerland, to Portland, Oregon, three years ago, they had been told about Portland’s Pearl…
- Living in a state that’s saturated with rain for much of the year, Oregonians rightly have an obsession with sunshine.
- Urban gardens are cropping up everywhere, from the country to the city. To follow are five modern ways to grow your own.
- Building on our Modern in the City of Roses slideshow, we share five more residential projects from Portland, Oregon, ranging from a multi-family development to renovations.
- Today's Photographer Promotional Piece We Love and Why: Jennifer McClure
- From white exteriors to interiors, these homeowners know how to illuminate their space by using minimal color.
- Everywhere we looked on the show floor of ICFF, we saw our own faces reflected back.
- Portland has long been a cultural outpost in New England, a hotspot for artists and longshoreman alike who crave the sophistication of the big city (65,000 people) while still retaining a distinctly…