Material Focus: Marble
- "No man is an island," wrote poet John Donne, but in the case of kitchens an aptly placed island makes the room.
- From a wooden angled open space to a Parisian art director's room with an island, here is a cool quintet of kitchens we wouldn't mind cooking in.
- An inexpensive and subtle way to add a flourish to any room—make your lighting double as a design statement.
- Jean-Christophe Aumas’ multihued Paris apartment houses both the highly sought artistic director and the stunning assemblage of furniture he’s brought back from his travels.
- A delicious slab of white Carrara marble, a couple of planks of plywood, and 20,000 Legos: These are among the inventive materials used for some of our favorite kitchen islands from the pages of…
- Teaming up with architect Craig Steely, an industrial designer and a mechanical engineer find just the right design for a striking home on a San Francisco hill.
- A foundation for our beloved possessions and very own two feet—the floor. From the clean beauty of Carrara marble to intricately patterned slabs, we take a look at seven tile-clad floors we love.
- In spaces small or large, an eat-in kitchen is a useful hub for singles and families alike. Here are 8 well-designed versions from the pages of Dwell.