Marimekko Designs by Erja Hirvi
Check out more designs by Marimekko designer Erja Hirvi who designed the winning pattern Lumimarja in the Dwell and Marimekko Contest! We delve further into Erja's inspiration in this Q+A, but click through the slideshow for a look at five of her fabrics.
Showing image @current of @total
- At Dwell we've always been fans of the bold prints by Finnish textile design house Marimekko and in honor of their 60th anniversary we toasted ten timeless prints and challenged you to vote on your…
- It's hard not to adore (and lust after) Marimekko's fabrics.
Dwell Executive Editor Amanda Dameron appeared on The Nate Berkus Show, November 3rd, to share modern design tips with Nate’s viewers. The show was devoted to our November Issue theme, Small Spaces. In this clip we help Nate renovate and re-imagine the 200 square foot dwelling of a young New York City transplant. The before and after is astonishing, validated by the young girl’s ecstatic response at the unveiling.
Dwell Executive Editor Amanda Dameron appeared on The Nate Berkus Show, November 3rd, to share modern design tips with Nate’s viewers. The show was devoted to our November Issue theme, Small Spaces. In this clip we take a tour of an innovative 650-square-foot apartment featured in our March 2011 Issue designed by Studio Garneau. The highlights? A hydraulic dinner table, custom murphy bed, and beautiful built-in compartments and secret hideaways.
- Join Dwell and Marimekko tonight in their Beverly Hills showroom for a lively discussion about the Finnish company's history and best-selling hits.
Set the table with a special treat. Food is optional. Sami Ruotsalainen designed the simple, clean shape while Maija Louekari created her Siirtolapuutarha pattern for the forms in the collection so that each piece tells a different part of the story. We love the reference to simple holiday ornaments in the crisp red and green. Part of the Oiva dinnerware collection created just for Marimekko.
- Inhabitat is now hosting their second annual Spring Greening Contest, and you've only got three more days to get in on it.
- Crate and Barrel's newest addition is a shop-in-shop at their SoHo location featuring products by Finnish textile and design house Marimekko.