A Look Inside a Marble Factory
+ Read Article
We're reporting from Almeria, a province in southwestern Spain where surfaces company Cosentino is headquartered. For the past couple of days, we've gotten a first-hand look at how the company manufactures its products—natural stone and engineered surfaces Silestone and the just-announced Dekton. Here we share the journey of a natural marble slab from mountaintop to manufacturing.
Showing image @current of @total
- Beginning in the 1950s, photographers Bernd and Hilla Becher traveled Europe documenting the architecture of industry.
- Back in June, Dwell was kindly invited by Spanish tile manufacturer Porcelanosa to tour their impressive factory. We first highlighted their Krion solid surfaces and now we're back for more.
- Fall is upon us and the branches are beginning to grow bare, so there’s no better time than now to focus on your hardscape. Here are 10 ways to incorporate pavers into the modern garden.
- In this spotlight on materials in the modern home: marble. We examine four residences that make use of the natural stone.
- A foundation for our beloved possessions and very own two feet—the floor. From the clean beauty of Carrara marble to intricately patterned slabs, we take a look at seven tile-clad floors we love.
- Dutch designer Piet Boon's first major multi-residential project in the US arrives at 404 Park Avenue South, and Dwell has an exclusive sneak peek.
- The 84-block trip south to Times Square is surprisingly speedy. But when I transfer to the 7 for the journey to Flushing–Main Street, its final stop, time slows.
- From the warm tone of travertine to the pitch black of Indian granite to the industrial edge of gabions, natural stone products lend a lot to the tactility and mood of a structure.