The Long Hall
- A film writer and director asked Austin, Texas–based architect Henry Panton to build a bunkhouse with a huge screen porch for family and guests on his 40-acre property in Bastrop, Texas,…
- In this four-part series, we explore modern hallway designs from Asia to North America sourced from the Dwell archives. Click here to view Part One!
- As much as we love furniture, the idea of filling an active space with redundant pieces feels wasteful. These simple entryways rely on strong structure and dramatic details to add visual interest.
- Case Study architect Edward Killingsworth’s masterpiece, the 1957 Opdahl House, fell into ruin, but thanks to a musician with a passion for modernism, it is celebrating its 50th anniversary in…
- Sliding glass doors and walls take center stage in these 10 homes that seamlessly transition between indoors and out. For more indoor-outdoor design ideas, pick up a copy of our April 2013 issue.
- We top off our series of modern Australian homes with four more from the Dwell archives. If you missed parts one and two, be sure to check them out!
- From the Marshmallow sofa to those glowing Bubble lamps, George Nelson’s designs are a must in many a modern interior. Here are 6 that stand out from the pages of Dwell.
- Part 2 of our journey to cool houses on the islands of the world takes us to places both expected (Hawaii) and unexpected (a tiny, sunny island off Southern California; a snowy one off the coast of…