Lenbachhaus Gallery and Museum in Munich
+ Read Article
All it took was a new copper-clad addition, the installation of a geo-thermal heating and cooling system, and some LED lighting to transform an elegant yet out-of-date 19th century building in Munich. When architect Ulrich Hamann of the London-based architectural firm Foster + Partners undertook a four-year $79 million dollar renovation of the Lenbachhaus Gallery and Museum in Munich, Germany, the results were both beautiful and smart.
@current / @total
- This week we're adding a new feature to our weekly Out and About articles: slideshows featuring images from each of the weekend's highlighted exhibitions.
- With his newest book, internationally renowned curator Hans Ulrich Obrist brings together 20 years of his do it project: an expansive series of artist-produced instructions, able to be replicated…
- A London exhibition uses works by Picasso, Dali, Matisse, and others to trace the evolution of 20th century textile design.
- In our October Modern Across America issue, we previewed the Hamptons' Parrish Art Museum, designed by Swiss architects Herzog & de Meuron with interiors by Konstantin Grcic.
- This long weekend sees two exhibition openings and two closings worth checking out: a look at Iannis Xenakis's work and the changing understanding of "landscape" in New York, Daniel…
- A new exhibit at the Museum of Arts & Design celebrates an enduring medium.
- The United States Artists announced the USA Fellows on December 14.
- The St. Louis Art Museum has announced the June 29th opening of its recently completed expansion, the East Building.