Kitchen We Love: Catskills Farmhouse
+ Read Article
A self-taught designer with a respect for both new and old embarked upon a solo mission to resuscitate a 19th-century homestead in upstate New York. In the process, he carved out a stunningly modern kitchen in the rear of the rehabilitated 1820s farmhouse. He opened up the back wall with a facade of skyscraper glass and added contemporary finishes (like a striking Cor-Ten fireplace column and wraparound granite countertops) to complement older touches like salvaged ceiling beams and a farmhouse sink.
Showing image @current of @total
- A self-taught designer embarks upon a solo mission to resuscitate a 19th-century homestead.
- As previously explored in 20 Modern Kitchens We Love and Dwell's Coolest Kitchens, we take a look at five more well-lit, spacious beauties that are bound to inspire even a professional chef.
- Cozy up with modern fireplaces for all kinds of spaces.
- For his upstate-New York farmhouse, designer Tom Givone found the perfect marriage of high design, architectural salvage, and homespun hardware.
- The chill of winter is soon to set in.
- Where does Upstate New York begin? Ask a New York City dweller and they are likely to tell you that "Upstate" means anything north of the Cross-Westchester Expressway.
- Blustery weather got you down? Here are seven fireplaces sure to warm you up.
- Revamped kitchens and bathrooms make for high-impact upgrades to any home. From Roman relics to brass fixtures, we unlock the secrets to these inspiring modern renovations.