Interiors by Kathryn Tyler, Linea Studio
Judging by all the great feedback we've received on Kathryn Tyler's lovely Falmouth, England, home (Collector's Choice, June 2012), you all loved her style—and awesome collections of vintage furniture and cookware—as much as we did. Tyler founded her interior design studio, Linea Studio, in 2004. Based in Cornwall, she is currently at work on a diverse array of projects, from a bar in Edinburgh to a new coffee shop in South Africa to a windmill in the Netherlands that she's converting into a recording studio. Here's a peek at some other projects she's recently finished.
@current / @total
- “It’s far more satisfying to give new life to an old object than to just pick something from a catalog,” says Kathryn Tyler, an interior designer based in the UK.
- In honor of International Women's Day (today!), we're celebrating ten brilliant women in design as featured in Dwell. And, be sure to check out 25 more women in design here.
- In southwest England, interior designer and avid furniture collector Kathryn Tyler built her home around the vintage pieces she’d amassed over a decade.
- Our June 2012 issue (on newsstands now!) emphazises stunningly designed and thoughtfully crafted interiors, but we think exteriors deserve equal acclaim.
- We journey across Great Britain from Cornwall in the south to the Isle of Skye up north in search of the best modern houses.
- A collection need not create clutter and stress; these five homes turn a hobby into a design signature.
- White traditionally signifies purity and cleanliness—and where better to send that signal than in the bathroom? Take inspiration from these five luxurious, all-white rooms.