Interior Design in 8 Classic Films
+ Read Article
Cinema is having a little moment right now—the annual Sundance Film Festival is just about to wrap up and awards season is currently in full swing. We take a look at eight classic films, each lauded for their visually striking set designs. From the dramatic minimalism of Bernardo Bertolucci's Il conformista to the technicolored world of Michael Gordon's Pillow Talk, click on through to see some classic film design inspiration.
@current / @total
- Newly released by Harper Collins, Designs on Film: A Century of Hollywod Art Direction is a compendium of images celebrating iconic interiors and architecture.
- Los Angeles Modern Auctions (LAMA), headquartered in a 17,000-square-foot gallery in Van Nuys, California, has been steadily auctioning works by important 20th century artists, designers and…
- South African designers showcased their work at Design Indaba’s 2014 Expo in Cape Town. Here are some of our favorites including furniture, accessories, textiles, technology, and film.
- Congratulations to Beth Whitfield, of Ecostyledesigner.com and TheGreenGirls.com, and Susan Luc for winning the first giveaway from the HP Lounge at Dwell on Design.
- Beginners, a new film by Mike Mills starring Ewan McGregor, Christopher Plummer, and Melanie Laurent, takes place in the Los Angeles of Richard Neutra, Deco hotels, humble Spanish bungalows, and…
- London-based Russian graphic designer Sonya Dyakova is making us rethink the notion of judging a book by its cover.
- Spy Vibe is a new fansite dedicated to the costume and set design of spy and space movies and TV from the 1960s, full of high-quality stills and Youtube clips from movie and TV classics like Our Man…
- While in Italy for a large press event regarding the 50th Salone Del Mobile, I took the opportunity to visit Kartell's headquarters in Noviglio, just outside of Milan.