Identity Design We Love: Helsinki Food Company
- Founded in 2007 by Léonard Vernhet and Thomas Subreville, Ill-Studio is a multidisciplinary design agency based in Paris, France.
- Last week, we declared our love for TypeToy, an online reference library of all things vintage design and typography, but who's the mastermind behind it all? Why, Aaron Eiland, that's who.
- I confess it, friends, despite growing up in a small hill town in Northern California, my four plus years of living in San Francisco have taken their toll.
- Southern African designers showcase their wares at Cape Town's annual Design Indaba Expo.
- Based in New York and the U.K., illustrator Debbie Powell has been charming viewers with her watercolor, ink, linocut, pencil & pen, and printmaking handiwork.
- In our latest Backstory series, Seattleite Lou Maxon recounts the thrills and trials of ditching the suburbs, buying property, and designing and building a modern house with Tom Kundig of Olson…
Join Marimekko and Dwell Editor in Chief, Amanda Dameron in celebration of Dwell on Design 2013 with a special presentation about the Finnish textile company. Dameron will share behind-the-scenes images of Marimekko's Helsinki factory, as well as archival shots of the company's early years under founder Armi Ratia, highlighting classic bestsellers and other important moments during the company's sixty-plus-year history. Enjoy a lively discussion, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres amongst the colorful, bold world of Marimekko.
- Part tent, part RV, the NASA-inspired Cricket Trailer is the go-to camper for the modern road tripper.