Humble Beauty: 4 Creative Uses of Plywood
As these residences prove, you don't need pricey, high-end materials to craft a high-design home. In the right hands, even humble sheets of plywood take on a luxurious new dimension. Click through the slideshow to see more examples of creative, modern uses of plywood.
@current / @total
- We're continually amazed by all the great residential design Down Under. But lest the Aussies take all the credit, check out our tour of the best modern homes in New Zealand.
- "Warming the bench" takes on new meaning when used as a feature in modern homes.
- While the saying, "It's what's inside that counts" certainly rings true, the exterior matters just as much with these six homes garbed with striking facades. See Part One here.
- Architecture gets expensive, so these homebuilders put their creativity to work by designing with plywood. Here's how they saved a buck on materials without looking, well, cheap.
- From a remote and sustainable beach house, to a compact prefab vacation home, to an affordable hillside abode, we add three new stunning residences to our previously explored topic, New Zealand Goes…
- New Zealand architect Davor Popadich invoked nautical sheds in his unconventional design for his family’s home on Auckland’s North Shore.
- Here at Dwell, we love a good pun. In fact, we save some of the best for headlines that run in our print issues.
- Though Plycraft was later known for making facsimiles of Eames lounge chair designs, the company hired designer George Mulhauser for a line of original seating called "Mr.