How to Design with White
While white may be interpreted as an absence of color, it is by no means absent of major impact when used in design. Here, Dwell looks back on some of our favorite homes that center around a white schema to prove that, when done correctly, the lack of color actually translates into an effortless cool.
@current / @total
- Celebrate American spirit this 4th of July with a range of red, white, and blue inspiration from kitchen accessories to interiors.
- After purchasing a revered archetypal lake house designed by American architect Richard Meier, a retired couple launches into the home’s second renovation in 35 years.
- Home to Herman Miller, Michigan has a long and storied modernist pedigree. Here are seven inventive or noteworthy Michigan houses from Dwell's archives.
- One of the New York Five and American modernism's most-celebrated architects is celebrating his 50th year in practice in 2013.
- A pair of crafty designers on a serious budget show that though their apartment may be short on square footage, it’s long on charm.
- Designed to harness the sun, architect Birgitte Hovmøller's vacation house features a roof full of solar panels and plenty of space for an extended family to relax.
- From a single sheet to a shiny-metal extravaganza, stainless steel remains a very viable way of modernizing your kitchen. Here are 9 ways to incorporate the low-maintenance material.
- Texas-based designer Barbara Hill is a pro at striking the right note between modern and playful, we took apart an informal dining room she designed in Atlanta, Georgia, to help readers recreate the…