Holy House: Churches in Modern Design
- Architect Keith Moskow grew up doing grunt construction work. His dad was a builder and after his first year of college, he helped build their family's summer home.
- Modern homes that buck the expected vernacular? Sign us up. See an array of residences from Boise to Charleston that express unconventional twists on regional styles.
- One of Portland, Oregon’s, up-and-coming neighborhoods can thank a modern reinterpretation of a previously decrepit building for inspiring a wave of rather chic downtown development.
- Talk about farm-to-table. Having your own chickens means the freshest of eggs and no further than your own backyard. Of course, you'll need a place to house your hens.
- Although New Canaan gets the award for modernism in Connecticut (Breuer, Johnson...), the Constitution State has been known to welcome other forms of modern architectural experimentation.
- If photography is painting with light, few make better canvases of buildings than Hélène Binet.
- With families in tow, architects Keith Moskow and Robert Linn settle in for a weekend of s'mores and camping in the unlikliest of locations: a simple structure built in the heart of the suburbs.
- Modern should never mean austere—especially for the bedroom. Here we offer five downright dreamy spaces.